Continuing education, special certifications, even an improved wardrobe can help boost your career opportunities. But what many people don’t realize is just how powerful a new smile is, and what the right cosmetic dentistry can do for your marketability.
Get the Job or Land the Promotion with a Smile Makeover
When you meet a potential supervisor or colleague in person for the first time, they are judging you whether you like it or not. How you look is absolutely part of the interview process, especially if you are applying for a job or vying for a promotion that requires you to regularly interact with people face-to-face. After all, no one wants to look at a salesperson (or teacher or lawyer, you get the idea) with bad teeth.
Here are just some of the reasons your smile matters when it comes to your career:
- Perception is reality. People with straight teeth are perceived as smarter and more successful. Time will tell whether you can deliver on the goods, but an amazing smile can get your foot in the door. The right cosmetic dentistry, like porcelain veneers or Fastbraces, can give you a perfectly aligned smile and help you reach your goal. It’s up to you to maintain it.
- Make a good first impression. Shined shoes, sharp suit, excellent resume, strong handshake, eye contact – these elements paint a picture the first time you meet a potential boss. Your smile is part of that equation. Walk into a meeting with someone you need to impress without giving a big smile, or fail to deliver your message with a smile, and your career could take a hit.
- Be memorable, in a good way. Employers need to review job candidates. There may be so many promising applicants for a job that they’ll start to run together. An amazing smile will help you stand out above the competition. You’ll be remembered for showing genuine warmth, for smiling at comments or laughing at jokes. A good smile gets you noticed, and remembered.
- Continue up the ladder. If you already have your dream job, you want to keep it. You want to excel. Good teeth give you a sense of self-worth so you will be more likely to speak up, voice your opinion, and be noticed for your hard work and initiative. Yes, an amazing smile is that powerful.
- Look like a professional. It doesn’t matter what your role is, a good smile can make you look like the head honcho. Dressing the part helps many people ultimately achieve the role they want in a company. You look more trustworthy, important, reliable, smarter, and more appealing with a gorgeous smile.
- Improve your confidence. By far, one of the biggest impacts that a smile makeover has for career success is the sense of confidence it will instill in you. It is impossible not to smile when you’re proud of your teeth. Knowing that you look good – especially if you were so self-conscious about your teeth before that you never smiled – automatically helps you believe in yourself, and thereby helps others believe in you.
Can you guess the careers of the people in this before-and-after smile gallery? Some of them may be CEOs, some may work in retail, some may teach, others may play a sport. The bottom line is this: Whatever your career in the Johns Creek area, your smile matters.
Get rid of crooked teeth, stains, short teeth, or broken teeth. Achieve professional and personal success with a smile makeover. Contact Family & Cosmetic Dental Care to schedule your consultation with Dr. Mitul Patel. Find out what cosmetic dentistry or restorative dentistry treatments are right for your smile.