You only get one set of permanent teeth, so taking care of them is essential in making sure that they last for a lifetime. By developing a good dental routine that you implement on a daily basis, you can help to protect your teeth from decay, gum disease, and other issues that make them susceptible to loss.
How to develop a good dental routine? Follow these steps:
- Have a good, soft bristled tooth brush and dental floss on hand at all times. Brushing and flossing help to rid the mouth of acid producing bacteria that, if allowed to linger inside the mouth, will eat away at the tooth enamel and cause irreversible damage.
- Brush your teeth at least twice a day, in the morning and before bed.
- Select a toothpaste that has been approved by the American Dental Association.
- Rinse your toothbrush thoroughly after each use to remove bacteria and food particles, and then store it in an upright position and let it air dry.
- Brush for a full two minutes each time you brush your teeth. Use a timer or stopwatch to ensure that you do not stop early.
- Replace your toothbrush every 3-6 months. Ever wondered why you receive a new toothbrush at each dental appointment? It’s so that you have a fresh toothbrush to clean your mouth!
- Visit your dentist twice a year for a regular cleaning and checkup.
By instilling these simple steps into your dental hygiene routine, you can set your mouth up for lasting success. Your oral health is dependent on you and your habits. Neglecting your teeth can have life-long consequences, so make the commitment today to make your oral health a priority. Contact Family & Cosmetic Dental Care to set up an appointment to get your oral health on track.
Posted by Mitul Patel DDS, Family & Cosmetic Dental Care
Circle Us on Google+
2627 Peachtree Pkwy Suite 440
Suwanee, GA 30024
Phone: (770) 888-3384