If you’re tired of giving the same old stocking stuffers to the people you love, and you think more chocolate and candy is just unnecessary, mix it up this year with some oral-health-friendly surprises. Encourage people to take care of their teeth and gums with these gift ideas from your Johns Creek general dentist.
Dental-Friendly Gifts for the Kids
It’s an adult’s responsibility to teach kids the importance of good oral health. Besides taking your child for their dental checkups and cleanings twice a year, you can encourage good brushing and flossing habits at home with some fun stocking stuffers:
- Colorful flossers, because nothing makes flossing fun more than bubble-gum flavored flossers in neon colors.
- A character toothbrush, because every kid has a favorite cartoon or movie character and it certainly helps to have that superhero or princess or puppet keeping them company during brushing time.
- A battery-operated toothbrush, because toothbrushes that light up, play music, or countdown brushing time can keep kids at the sink for the proper length of time for thorough brushing.
- A brushing app, because all some kids need is a new game on their tablet to encourage them to brush longer and brush better.
- Brightly colored mouthwash, because giving kids permission to swish and spit can be very appealing.
- A toothbrush case, the kind that suctions to the mirror or wall, because it’s fun to safely stash your brush in a bear or penguin or other cute creature.
Unexpected Dental Gifts for the Grown-Ups
Adults can get carried away by the obligations of daily life and neglect themselves and their oral health in the process. If you know someone who is always putting others first instead of themselves, show you care with a thoughtful, smile-positive gift.
- A professional teeth-whitening treatment, and we’re not talking the over-the-counter or DIY stuff, because you’re tired of hearing your sibling, spouse, or friend complain about their stained teeth. Give them a gift certificate to visit their favorite Johns Creek dentist for teeth whitening, and don’t worry about insulting anyone. If they really hate the look of their teeth that much, this will be their favorite gift of the year.
- An electric toothbrush, the affordable one or the pricey kind, because you know they’ll never buy it for themselves but would really love to take better care of their teeth and be gentler to their tooth enamel and recessed gums.
Gifts for the Loved Ones Who Wear Braces
Let’s face it – wearing braces can be a drag. Having some fun accessories can certainly help make this time in a teen’s (or adult’s) life much better.
- An electric water flosser, because flossing your teeth while wearing conventional metal braces can be a pain (but it’s essential to do this step and keep your teeth healthy all through orthodontic treatment).
- Fun cases for retainers, because whether you have a retainer after braces of wear Invisalign, it doesn’t hurt to have a cool place to stash your appliances when you’re eating or brushing.
Teeth-Friendly Gifts for Everyone
You’ll feel good taking care of your loved ones with teeth-friendly gifts, but don’t forget to take care of your oral health too. Schedule your appointment with Family & Cosmetic Dental Care, serving Johns Creek, Suwanee, and Duluth. Give yourself the gift of good oral health.