Are you a good candidate for Teeth-In-a-Day?
Teeth-in-a-day are also known as same-day dental implants. Whatever way you refer to the procedure, the result is the same: A secure full-arch dental implant that replaces all the teeth in either your upper or lower jaw. If you are missing many teeth or must have teeth extracted, dentures are not your only option. Thanks to the oral surgery services at Hello Family Dental in Suwanee, near Johns Creek, Duluth and Alpharetta, you can once again have a complete, beautiful smile.
Can you really get new teeth in one day?
With the teeth-in-a-day procedure, you won’t have all the work done on your mouth in one day, but you will never be without a complete smile throughout the entire treatment. The name, therefore, is accurate. The key to getting you out of your Suwanee dentist’s door with permanent, new teeth on the same day you bid your old teeth goodbye is this: thorough preparation.
Undergoing the Teeth-In-a-Day procedure
Whether you have lost your teeth to injury, illness, gum disease, age, or otherwise, there is always a way to replace them. And many dental patients are happy to hear that dentures are not the only route to a complete and new smile.
As a tooth-replacement measure, teeth-in-a-day is secure, long-lasting, and natural-looking. The “secure” part is one of the most attractive elements to patients who are tired of being limited in what they can eat, judged for the poor condition of their teeth, or unable to speak clearly. The dental implants that are part of teeth-in-a-day set the foundation for customized prosthetic teeth that look just like your own teeth.
Here’s how it works:
- Usually, four to eight dental implants are placed across the arch of your upper or lower jaw
- The implants are then fitted with fixed porcelain bridges to imitate the look and feel of natural teeth
- The procedure usually happens over the course of two or three visits to Hello Family Dental, though there will be significant time in between the visits
- The most important takeaway: You will never be without a complete smile again
The teeth-in-a-day surgical procedure is intricate, and you want to see a dentist who is experienced in this technique. Before any surgery is scheduled, a CT scan is done to check bone density to ensure that you have enough jawbone to support the implants. This step also allows your dentist to determine the exact placement of the implants.
Local anesthesia is used before the implants are carefully put in place. Some patients feel more comfortable combining this with oral conscious sedation so their anxiety diminishes and they are comfortable and relaxed during the treatment. Once the implants are secure, temporary teeth are attached.
Allowing time for healing is a critical part of dental implants. It can take several months for the upper jaw or lower jaw to fully integrate the implants. Once the team at Hello Family Dental in Suwanee, near Duluth and Alpharetta, has determined that your gums and mouth have healed properly, a permanent bridge will be customized for you and put in place.
Benefits of Teeth-In-a-Day
Any dental implants are beneficial for a patient who is missing teeth, and teeth-in-a-day is ideal for patients who are without a full arch of teeth. Here are just some of the elements to be thankful for:
- Strength: Implants allow you to bite and chew confidently. They also support the structure of your face, so you never have to worry about a compressed look or a jaw that appears shrunken
- Security: Your teeth will never move out of place whether you’re speaking or eating
- Durability: Implants are incredibly strong and long-lasting and cannot develop cavities (though you must still brush and floss every day!)
- Permanence: Once they’re in place, implants are there for good. They will not shift or come out
- Comfort: Dental implants are a placeholder for tooth roots and, once integrated into your jaw, you will forget they are there so your teeth look and feel natural
Teeth-in-a-day is revolutionary, especially for patients who are desperate to avoid dentures. If you are ready to discuss dental implants taking the place of your missing teeth, contact Hello Family Dental in Johns Creek to schedule a free consultation.